Sunday 3 June 2018

Review. Forensics: anatomy of a crime

There are no spoilers in this review



So I went to comic con this year. Woot! I've always wanted to go to the Excel London venue and this year I got to go with my brothers and it was mint!

here's a vid my twin took. he did an exceptional job. 


I took a bus down as usual. National Express. £30 return, but sometimes you wonder if you're saving money and spending comfort. It's a risk but I was so delighted to find it was an awesome journey there and back. 

And much of that was thanks to this book. Val. I love that name, wonder why. But she really blew me away with this work. 

5 stars! 

It's non-fiction, and gives us case studies of crimes and criminals, some we know of, some we may not, but doing so in a way that gets us close to the men and women involved, knowing their jobs, their reasons for being in such roles, and how the field is changing. Each chapter covers a different element of crime and forensics, from the evolution of finger-print evidence, to face reconstruction using computers and clay! 

As someone who wants to write a string of my own criminal works, I wanted to read this more as a study than for entertainment, but I couldn't put it down. Five hours into my journey South and I was still hooked! Then when I got to London, I was finding any excuse to get back into it. 

Whether you want to learn or be entertained, it's a good book. I want more! 






No comments:

Post a Comment